1. Head out on one of the 2 walks around Hidden Valley Cabins, number one, follow the ridge to the top of the hill and look out over the valley. Why not take a bottle of wine and watch the sunset, its breathtaking!!! Number 2, walk along Pine Creek and discover the many birds and animals Hidden Valley has to offer.
2. Solar energy tour
Ask one of your friendly hosts to take you on a guided tour of our solar system. See the system working and educate yourself on renewable energy.
3. Take a guided tour to view the Platypus $30.00 pp. BOOK YOUR TOUR ONLINE
Your tour leaves from Hidden Valley Cabins at 5pm (4.30pm in Winter), you travel down to Running River where the platypus can be viewed frolicking and feeding in the fresh mountain water. Your tour includes a personal guide. The duration is 2 hours.
4 Night safari for nature and adventure enthusiasts $30.00 pp. BOOK YOUR TOUR ONLINE
HIDDEN VALLEY CABINS offers a night safari for nature and adventure enthusiasts. Join Ian and Bonnie on an adventure through the dry sclerophyll scrub and see Australia’s cutest and some cases rare nocturnal animals. See such animals as Gliders, numerous possums, night spiders, Rufous Bettongs, night birds, owls and much much more… Meet at Hidden Valley Cabins in the bar at 8.30pm for a great evening of adventure, education and relaxation. Experience why the Australian bush is so special. The open air and endless bright stars – its almost heaven.
All you need to bring is comfortable walking shoes and a jumper, as it can get a little chilly. The walk can go anywhere from 1.5 to 2 hours long depending on the wildlife sightings. Tours leave 7 days a week.
5. Half day customised hiking tour $70.00 pp
Running River Gorge is located on Hidden Valley Station. Discover where ‘German Survivor’ was filmed, take a fishing rod and try your luck for the local black brim, have a swim in the beautiful fresh mountain water and simply relax while taking in the amazing views.... OR maybe you would like to explore Paluma with your own tour guide...
We will organise a delicious picnic lunch to enjoy on the tour. It will be an afternoon’s adventure of swimming, fishing, sun bathing, bush walking and relaxing until sunset. On dusk we start the hunt for one of Hidden Valley’s most precious residents, The Platypus.
All you need to bring is comfortable walking shoes, a towel, and your swimmers. Tours leave from Hidden Valley Cabins at 1pm. Tour duration is approximately 5 hours arriving back at the resort around 6pm.
6. Head into Paluma village to discover ‘A Walk in the Clouds’.
Grab a brochure of the walking tracks from your friendly hosts and plot your days adventure. Visit Len Cook at Paluma Pottery View the unique designs of talented local potter Len Cook. For opening times phone (07) 4770 8530. www.lencookpottery.com
7. Take the Drive to Mt Fox across the ‘Great Dividing Range’, where a dormant Volcano crater lies. It last erupted more than 100 thousand years ago. Walk to the top of the crater and enjoy the panoramic views and a picnic lunch.
8. Spend the afternoon bird watching at Hidden Valley Cabins. We have over 130 species of birds in the area, grab a copy of our bird list and advise from our expert, Bonnie and see how many you can find! OR Read a book by the pool or in one of our relaxing communal areas. Trust me you won’t want to leave. Listen to the relaxing sounds of Hidden Valley Bird Noises, MP3 format (1,068kb file size).
9. Take a Drive to Lake Paluma, visit Birthday Creek Falls for a swim, hike one of the many walking tracks around the lake, explore the local flora and fauna and see if you can discover yourself a Cassowary!
10. Enjoy the Thrill of 4W Driving? Ask you friendly hosts for some local tracks where you can let you hair down and discover the rugged Outback.
Refresh page (F5) if video player does not show!
Some of the birds located around Hidden Valley Cabins.
Press play to hear some of the bird calls